The choice is CLEAR: Thad Cochran is for Mississippi. Chris McDaniel is for himself and his out-of-state backers.
Thad Cochran has dedicated his life to building Mississippi and serving the people of our state. Thad has represented Mississippi well, and he’s never embarrassed us. The more we find out about Chris McDaniel, the clearer the choice becomes for voters in the June 3 election.
Chris McDaniel promised Mississippi voters, “I’m not going to do anything for you.” It sounds crazy, but, then again, Chris McDaniel is a trial lawyer whose campaign is funded by out-of-state groups that don’t care about Mississippi.
So far, we know Chris McDaniel:
- Promises Mississippi voters: “I am not going to do anything for you.”
- Told a reporter, “I don’t know” if he would have supported Katrina relief legislation, saying it would “not be an easy vote to cast.”
- Insults Mississippi by saying our state is a “welfare state.”
- Refuses to take a position on the Farm Bill and Flood Insurance reform legislation that greatly benefit Mississippians.
- Claims he will balance the federal budget, but has no idea what is actually in the budget…he told a New York Times reporter “The military budget compared to the rest of our budget is small, is it not?“
All of this begs the question: If Chris McDaniel is so unwilling to do anything for Mississippi, why should Mississippians vote for Chris McDaniel?
Now is NOT the time for on-the-job training and certainly not the time to allow someone as erratic and unproven as Chris McDaniel to represent Mississippi in the United States Senate.
Thad Cochran is a proven conservative voice for Mississippi who always puts Mississippi first and has never embarrassed us. We need Thad’s experience, integrity, and ability now more than ever to stand for Mississippi and fight the Obama Administration.